Lead from the Future: Our Research Shows the Way
The science is clear; your brain is using you. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
Of course. So, we conducted a 7-year, international study to discover the key factors in successful individuals, organizations, and optimal decision-making. We found 8 elements that when applied as a comprehensive system make the difference every single time. It’s like a playbook for leaders to be ready for anything in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous times (VUCA). Our research shows the way.
Here is our system, backed by our research, that makes your organization ready for anything:
Climb Out of Your Past and Create Your Future Together.
“We Will has a gift for filtering through all the complexities of an issue to identify and define the crux of the problem. They then work with you to create the best possible options to resolve the problem. This creative and highly interactive process is exciting and empowering. ”
Val Martinez , Executive Director, RCAA
We will work together
(How? Good question. Click those links below.)
Organizational and Individual Development through Learning
Here’s what we can do:
- Full needs analysis and organizational assessment
- Curriculum design
- Course design
- Program delivery
- Program measurement
We believe learning occurs when these 5 elements are realized
New knowledge has been acquired.
Beliefs have been shifted or confirmed.
Behaviors have been changed or confirmed.
These shifts are now sustainable.
The new learning is spreadable to others.
Here is a sample of our workshop offerings:
- Better understand and significantly improve how you interact with information and how you interact with each other
- Recognize how human behavior creates many of the problems you face in leadership
- Use 21st Century tools to prevent or resolve some of the dilemmas in which you or your organization find yourselves
Lead from the Future
- Anticipate the future and the forces, both positive and negative, internal and external, that would likely have an effect on you or your organization
- Develop 3 types of plans for these possibilities: timid responses, mid-range responses, and bold responses
- Be in front of change rather than be surprised by it
- Sculpt the change rather than simply react to it
- Understand the way the brain works and how to improve it
- Know the various types of thinking: systemic, creative, critical, and strategic
- Integrate and use these effectively in combination with each other
- Demonstrate using the brain in noble, rational, and effective ways
- Improve mental discipline in your life and in your organization
- Become a Thinking Organization
Mastering Complex Facilitation
- Know how to prepare for a session quickly
- Open meetings effectively by setting the right context and climate
- Learn some new tricks and tips for using everyone’s time in the best possible way
- Know when to keep the session on schedule and when to let it be more emergent
- Facilitate people you manage, your peers, and people above you in life’s org. chart
- Be ready, nimble, and flexible as situations arise or changes occur
- Increase your confidence and effectiveness
“Life is better seen as a scavenger hunt than a surprise party.”
— Jimmy Buffet
Look Outside to Strengthen Your Organization Internally
We analyze your organization’s culture and behavior in the areas of communication, information flow, how people interact with information, and how they interact with each other. This includes:
- 3-Dimensional scenario planning
- Decision processes
- Integrated thinking
- Organizational and individual resilience and adaptability
- Employee engagement, attraction, and retention
- Relationship mapping: internal and external
- Change management
- Internal and external influence
- Building an intentional organizational culture
The process outlined below ensures a structured model for quality results while allowing for customization to address your unique situation, needs, and emergent environment. We can use all of the steps or just some of them based on what you have already accomplished.
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast.”
— Peter Drucker
Solve Root Issues Instead of Symptoms
“We Will helps you go below the surface to find the right problem to solve.
They fuse that with humor and insight, so you actually enjoy solving the problem.”
Sara Dronkers, Director of Grantmaking and Nonprofit Resources
Effective Organizations Emphasize the Role of Facilitators
Whenever people gather to work together, they need facilitation. Unfortunately, facilitation often happens informally, or the group flounders with no leader, or the leader facilitates when they should participate. Tools and techniques for facilitating groups are rarely part of the skills formally developed in employees. In our work, we have often had clients inquire about how to build the capacity of the people who facilitate.
We focus on 3 areas of facilitation:
1. Facilitating key meetings for your organization
You want focused meetings with clear objectives and takeaways that lead to powerful decisions and outcomes. Our clients’ experiences have shown how a trained facilitator is the difference maker here. We Will is prepared to jump in with two feet to facilitate your strategic meetings and to ensure high value and high return on your group’s time.
2. Developing facilitators within your organization
Organizations that lead in their space develop their talent to drive excellence. The skill of facilitation is often ignored even in high performing teams. We Will provides the training and tools to develop effective facilitators across all levels of your organization.
3. Certifying professional facilitators on 3 levels
We Will provides facilitator certification to help people:
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of meetings
- Leverage the wisdom of all members of a team or group
- Have a better sense of what your customers/stakeholders need
- Benefit from and leverage disagreement
- Discover more creative and sustainable solutions
- Ask the right questions
“Highly interactive and engaging sessions. The work groups were the most helpful. I can read all about applying learning, but it helps when I am able to practice live.”
“It is very valuable for individuals who have done a lot of facilitation, who are taking it to the next level. Awesome tools are part of the package.”
“There were concepts introduced to us that really helped me focus on the big-picture dynamics running through current conflicts and conversations we’re having in our community. I almost felt like a Zen master returning to work the next week, like I found some kind of enlightenment about human behavior and interactions that I’d never had before.”
The Workshop Experience
Facilitator Certification workshops are not your typical classroom experience. The participants, instructors, and experienced staff come together to co-create an environment to maximize professional and personal growth with each activity. You can read more about one of our instructor’s experiences with a workshop in her blog.
The experience includes:
- A safe place to try new approaches
- Individual feedback and coaching
- Activities for diverse learning styles
- Many useful resources
- Understand and practice tools to plan and prepare for a successful meeting
- Learn methods for facilitating group discussions and decision-making
- Discover the power in asking the right questions
- Staff at all levels of the organization who lead internal or external meetings or group discussions
- Anyone interested in developing tools and techniques to interact and better understand the needs of customers/stakeholders
- Anyone wanting to increase their capacity to design and facilitate meetings that achieve results
- Learn how to build an intentional culture in your sessions
- Identify and practice facilitation methods that align with how the brain works
- Design and facilitate sessions that are accessible and inclusive
- Build skills in leveraging disagreement
- Anyone with basic facilitation experience
- Facilitators who work in situations with defined problems
- Staff at all levels of the organization who lead internal or external meetings or group discussions and wish to be more effective when group dynamics come into play
- Anyone wanting to increase their capacity to stay in front of both minor swings and monumental shifts in the facilitation environment
- Master skills in facilitation in emergent environments
- Know how to help groups solve for the right problem
- Learn to guide meeting participants through a co-creation process
- Practice facilitating meeting disruptors
- Build skills in facilitating conflict
- Get off on the right foot: choosing and managing clients
- Intermediate to advanced facilitators
- Facilitators who work in situations with defined problems
- Anyone facilitating meetings in emergent environments
- Anyone interested in understanding conflict in groups and how to capture a group’s potential for even better problem solving
If you're serious about results, measure them.
Using Constructivist Theory and Grounded Methodology, we can measure and analyze whatever you want to know about how people are interacting with each other or how they are interacting with information.
- Capturing the collective voice of your internal or external stakeholders
- Measuring the strengths and needs of your relationships internally or externally
- Uncovering how your team perceives issues or people around them
- Assessing the quality of strategic direction for determining strategic plans
- Discovering new ways of measuring outcomes not just outputs
- Revealing new ways to measure qualitative issues and turn these into quantitative outcomes
- Analyzing narrative data to discover patterns in collective thought on issues and solutions (proprietary software, WeThink)
- Drilling to the heart of issues and solutions with evidence-based measurement
- Determining, measuring, and assessing results or strategic plan